Now is the Time



Last night I had such a vivid dream.  Some dreams that I have are just things stuck in my mind; not anything that I think much of after the fact.  But some dreams I know are from God.

The dream from last night is the latter.  I have no doubt it was from God.

I was walking into a fundraising event we were having for FREE.  It was a beautiful venue.  I don't know where it was, but I recall thinking it was so pretty.  There was gray marble flooring, lovely lighting, and our guests were sitting outside.  It was sunny out and there was a breeze in the air.  I recall being grateful there was a cool breeze because I was concerned guests would be hot.

I was sitting in the front row of seats that were lined up, and the guests were in seats to the left of me.  We had an MC that was doing an incredible job.  She was well spoken and vibrant.
This dream was so real and detailed.  I even remember thinking "this woman is great!"

As she was speaking she started to talk about Jesus.  She started to share, essentially, how Jesus is the One, and He is the only reason we do what we do at FREE.  I have to admit, I remember being a bit uncomfortable and being concerned that she was going to ruffle some feathers.

Not too soon after she was declaring Jesus' name, half the people got up and started walking out.  They just picked up their stuff and left. That's when I started to get really nervous!  I had a feeling she was going to call me up to speak, which would make sense, because at events I will always speak at some point.  But for some reason I wasn't prepared.  I didn't prepare to speak at all.  How petrifying is that!  I sat there thinking, don't call on me to come up there, especially since half the people just walked out angrily!

And with that, she called me up to come speak. 

As I was walking up to the podium I kept thinking, what am I going to say, what am I going to say, what am I going to say??

Once I got up to the podium though, the fear went away.  I started to speak, and I didn't fumble my words.  The Holy Spirit gave me the words to speak. 

Now with our guests dwindled down to half the size, I boldly declared, "Jesus offends people."  I then said, "People won't like us because of Jesus, but God does mighty things with a remnant of people."  I told everyone it was okay, and that, shockingly, I wasn't upset.  I was happy.  I was happy because I didn't want to be unequally yoked with people.  I didn't want to have to hide Jesus to make people happy, to appease people, to not offend them, and to gain their support.  I didn't want to be worried about not being true to who we are, Followers of Jesus Christ.

My final words, "Jesus is the only Way, Truth and Life."

Then I woke up.

Upon waking up I knew it was a critical dream. Time is short.  We are not promised another day.  We have so much going on in the world right now.  Now, more than ever, we must not compromise our faith.  We must not compromise who Jesus is and who we are in Him.  It's okay if some leave.  I can assure you, some will leave.  It's okay if we don't fit in with the world. (We are not supposed to) We must be bold and unapologetic.  And yes, always in love.     

Now is the time.         

Reflection:

"May I never boast except in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." 

Galatians 6:14               

Really cool thing:  After I woke up I sat on the couch for my morning devotion/prayer time.  I looked down at the ankle of my right leg.  I saw my tattoo, that believe it or not, I don't even remember I have the majority of the time.  And there it was literally written on my body, "The Way, the Truth and the Life, Jesus Messiah."  Amen He is.       
   

Comments

Popular Posts