The Great Intercession


The Great Intercession

Hustle and bustle, the season aglow.
Everyone shopping, no time to move slow.
Money spent, gifts to be bought,
What more can we buy is the first thought?
Most wonderful time of the year, so we are told.
For many of us though, it's a lyric that's grown old.
Santa and elves, reindeer and snow,
All the distractions.....  Mary did you know?
Babies dying and being torn away,
Church, we must stop. Church, we must pray.
The Great Intercession, the time is here.
Mourn with those who mourn, wipe away their tears.
Broken hearts and broken minds, needing to be made new.
You're the God that puts the pieces back together, Your Word is Truth.
Jesus come back, this feels like too much,
then I remember, He is Immanuel, God with us.
Why all this suffering, I don't understand.
This can't be Your will, this can't be Your plan.
Why God?! I wrestle and wrestle, I know I won't win.
Right now I walk with a limp, but I will run again!   
We need reconciliation, unity and love.
May we stop and remember the branch and the dove.
In this Christmas season, as we wait on our King,
Let us not forget to stop and enter in.


Comments

Popular Posts